Thursday, December 19, 2013

Beyonce Reveals Why She Featured Chimamanda Adichie + Talks About Family

Beyonce has revealed why she featured Nigerian author, Chimamanda Adichie in one of her songs in her new album. She explained to UK Mirror how she got to know about Chimamanda and why she featured her. She also talked about her husband, daughter, fans, and how she is striving for growth, love, happiness and fun.  

“I was going through videos on feminity on Youtube, when I came across this video of this incredible Nigerian author, Chimamanda Adichie.
“Everything she said is exactly how I feel. My message in this album was finding the beauty in imperfection,” she said.


“I had this image of this trophy and me accepting these awards and kind of training myself to be a champion and at the end of the day when you go through all of these things, is it worth it? I mean, you get this trophy and you’re like, ‘I basically starved, I have neglected all the people that I love, I’ve conformed to what everybody else thinks I should be and I have this trophy. What does that mean?

“The trophy represents all of the sacrifices I made as a kid, all the time I lost being on the road in the studios as a child and I just want to throw that s**t up!”

She also spoke about her daughter, Blue Ivy and hubby Jay Z, and what she’s up to lately.

“I have a lot of awards and I have a lot of these things that are amazing and I worked my ass off, I worked harder than probably everybody I know to get those things, but nothing feels like my child singing ‘mummy’.”

On striving for love, happiness and fun, she said;

“No, nothing feels like when I look my husband in the eyes, nothing feels like when I’m respected, when I get on the stage and I see I’m changing peoples lives. Those are the things that matter and at this point in my life that’s what I’m striving for – growth, love, happiness, fun.”

She also gave one final piece of advice to her fans, “Enjoy your life – its short. That’s the message!” she added.

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That is my girl.

      Delete
    2. Love u B and C

      Delete
    3. nice one...while so stupid are talking nonsense and not appreciating us, the sincere ones do.




      read interesting gist and entertainment

      Delete
  2. Awwwwww Queen B, u r an inspiration. It's rily not all abt d glams n glitz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true mehn life's short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exploit d earth but think HEAVEN.......Mrs Carter weldone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check this out http://bigcashjob.com/?share=6076 registration is free

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank God queen B marriage is intact

    ReplyDelete
  7. dat video on feminism by Adichie is awesome, reference of my thesis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great words by Beyoncé. good rep for Nigeria. we have people like Chimamanda showing that we are not all frauds in this country. Good to hear good news about Nigerians! #iRepNaija

    ReplyDelete
  9. It feels good to know that some people are still flying the flag of Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great respect to chimamanda, if it is our half baked local celebs now they would have hyped these feature to the heavens and back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am telling you. Real half baked

      Delete
  11. Nothing feels like my child singing mummy, nothing feels like. When. I look my husband in the eye and of cos the advise to her fans..enjoy your life, its short. Aww don't you just love her?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do not like the way beyonce dresses but I respect her vision. Great woman

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beyonce I love and admire.....(her determination, her style, her doggedness, her attitude to success, jeeez! Bey....You're too much!)

    Chimamanda....for you I have nothing but respect and a deep sense of inspiration. You are so amazing, and you've made it clear that one can be a star and a success without necessarily subscribing to nudity and lasciviousness....keep growing higher.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chimamanda is fast becoming like whole Soyinka. I walked into a place in newyork and saw someone reading her book. That's so beautiful

    ReplyDelete